Today is the 3rd Anniversary of the Living Healthy Podcast, presented by LA Fitness. Hi everyone! I just wanted to give you a quick update on what is going on with the show. We are trying to plan out 3 LIVE podcast episodes covering Exercise, Nutrition, and Sleep...
“A well-balanced meal constitutes healthy cooking. I believe in ‘everything in moderation’, eating from the full spectrum of food and limiting the rich and indulgent ingredients. You can obtain great flavor from vegetables alone, and if you cook from the heart, that might be the healthiest ingredient of all.”
SeaLegs Wine Bar is located at 21022 Beach Blvd. #105, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. Open Monday through Friday from 4pm to 10:30pm, Saturday from 10am to 11:30pm, and Sunday from 10am to 3pm. For the menu and additional details, please visit http://www.sealegswinebar.com/.
Rib Eye Steak and Zoodles from Sealegs Wine Bar
Photo Credit: Candace Rock
For the Dish
- 14 oz. ribeye, off the bone, cubed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Tablespoon blended olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon minced shallot
- ¼ to ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved (adjust to your preference)
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup veggie stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced parsley to garnish
- parmesan cheese (optional)
For the Steak Marinade
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup mirin
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- ½ bunch cilantro
- Take all ingredients for the marinade and blend them together.
- Cube up the steak and place in marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare veggies while meat marinates (spiralize zucchini, halve cherry tomatoes, mince garlic and shallot).
- Remove meat from marinade, season with salt and pepper.
- In a hot cast iron pan, sear steak cubes until browned on all sides.
- Finish with 1 tablespoon butter to coat steaks, remove from heat and rest while cooking zoodles.
- In a hot pan, begin to sauté garlic and shallot in oil until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and continue to sauté.
- Add zucchini noodles and sauté until al dente.
- Deglaze pan with white wine until it evaporates.
- Lower the heat, add the veggie stock.
- Cook zoodles until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in large bowl, putting zoodles off to one side, leaving room for the steak.
- Sprinkle minced parsley over zucchini and sea salt over the steak cubes for added flavor.
- (Additionally, you can also sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over the zoodles).
LA Fitness will be open on Easter Sunday, April 4th 2021! Modified clubs hours are below!Easter Sunday Hours Sunday, April 4th (U.S. & Canada) Club Hours: 8AM - 4PM Regular hours will resume on Monday, except in Canada (Alberta clubs be open from 8AM to 10PM,...
The Down Syndrome Ironman Chris Nikic attempts to be the first to complete an Ironman event with Down Syndrome. Welcome back to the Living Healthy Podcast! Today we’re going to be talking to an inspirational young man named Chris Nikic - The Down Syndrome...