“Healthy and fresh food should be food that not only is good for your body, but it should also be flavorful. This salad is a great example of that. It’s made with seasonal tomatoes, field fresh watercress and ripe avocados. The dressing is light and fresh tasting and ties it all together.”
Water Grill is located at 615 J Street, San Diego, CA 92101. Open Sunday-Thursday 11:30am-11pm, and Friday-Saturday 11:30am-Midnight. For the menu and additional details, please visit http://www.watergrill.com/.
Tomato Avocado Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing from Water Grill
Photo Credit: Courtesy of King’s Seafood Company
For the Tomato Avocado Salad
- Heirloom Tomato – 7oz (approximately 1 each, cut into 6 wedges)
- Avocado – ½ each (cut into 4 slices)
- Poppyseed Dressing – 1 fl oz
- Watercress – ½ oz (approximately ¼ bunch, tops only)
- Black Pepper – pinch
- Maldon Salt – pinch
For the Poppy Seed Dressing
- White Wine Vinegar – 6 fl oz
- Poppy Seeds – ½ oz
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 6 fl oz
- Place the wedges of tomato around the center of a low profile bowl.
- Add the avocado.
- Top the tomato and avocado with the poppyseed dressing and sprinkle with Maldon salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Place the watercress over the center of the tomato and avocado salad.
- The tomato and avocado should be visible below the watercress.
Heirloom Tomatoes & Stracciatella from etta
Award-winning Chef, Danny Grant of Chicago’s etta, shares a light and healthy recipe you can easily whip up just in time for your next summer potluck!
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos from The Wild Cow
Chef Ryan Toll, of The Wild Cow, shares his vegan-friendly recipe with us for Sweet Potato and Black Beans Tacos. Whip this up quickly for tonight!
Rib Eye Steak and Zoodles from Sealegs Wine Bar
Chef Paul Vazquez, Executive Chef, of SeaLegs Wine Bar shares his healthy recipe for Rib Eye Steak and Zoodles that you can make at home tonight.