ASK A TRAINER: Ep. 7 – Should I Always Alternate Between Leg Day and Chest Day?

ASK A TRAINER: Ep. 7 – Should I Always Alternate Between Leg Day and Chest Day?

Ask A Trainer: Featured Question of the Week

LA Fitness Pro Results® Master Trainer, Geoff F., helps answer if it’s necessary to switch between leg day and chest day. See Geoff’s suggestions in the video below.

Do you have a fitness question? Ask one of our certified Pro Results® trainers here! Your question may be featured in an upcoming Ask Our Trainer video.**

9 + 10 =

**Selected submissions will be featured on the LA Fitness blog and possibly other LA Fitness digital media entities & websites. By making a submission, you hereby grant LA Fitness a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to use and make copies of the contents of such submission for any purpose and in any medium whatsoever, and you hereby waive and relinquish any copyright or other intellectual property right you may have in the contents of such submission and your right to pursue any claim for LA Fitness’s violation of those intellectual property rights.

Recommended 'Ask A Trainer' Videos

LA Fitness Holiday Hours 2021

LA Fitness will be open for parts of the Holiday Season! Modified clubs hours are below!Holiday Hours (U.S.) Friday, December 24th: 8AM - Noon Saturday, December 25th: Closed Friday, December 31st: 8AM - 6PM Saturday, January 1st: 8AM - 6PM   Holiday Hours...

LA Fitness, Easter hours, LA Fitness Easter hours
LA Fitness Easter Hours 2021

LA Fitness will be open on Easter Sunday, April 4th 2021! Modified clubs hours are below!Easter Sunday Hours Sunday, April 4th (U.S. & Canada) Club Hours: 8AM - 4PM Regular hours will resume on Monday, except in Canada (Alberta clubs be open from 8AM to 10PM,...

Member Spotlight | Face Your Fears

Member Spotlight | Face Your Fears

“I decided that I was going to treat the gym as my job.”

Lynnette R.

LAF Member

Lynnette R., of Round Rock, TX, shared that she was the last person you would ever expect in a gym. She tried having gym memberships in the past, would pay for a year in advance, go once, and then never show up again. Because of this, she even “grounded” herself from getting another gym membership, because she couldn’t seem to make herself go.

Flash back to two years ago, when Lynnette completely stopped exercising all together, stopping even her typical walks outside. Due to her sedentary lifestyle, Lynette began gaining weight. She became heavier than she had ever been and became incredibly discouraged. However, around this same time, an LA Fitness opened up close to her home and Lynnette noticed it had a nice pool. She figured she could try swimming as a new way to exercise. She signed up for a free guest pass, and set up an appointment for a complimentary Pro Results® Personal Training assessment.

She knew she was in a place in her life where she had to change her lifestyle. She just couldn’t seem to stop gaining weight. It was at that moment Lynnette decided that the commitment to work with a trainer would be the accountability she needed to make sure she showed up and made good use of the gym. She signed up and that is when she met her personal trainer, Riley S. What Riley didn’t know at the time was Lynnette’s severe fear of men that stemmed from experiences from her past. However, Lynnette hoped that by being in the gym and working with a male trainer, she could overcome some of that fear.

When Lynnette first started training in the open area of the gym, she would get nervous and experience trouble breathing – and as far as the free weight area, she thought of it as “incredibly intimidating.” She began to open up to Riley about the fear she was trying to overcome, and she was blown away at how he reacted to it, mainly because nothing changed. The workouts stayed the same and they would still use the free weight area. Her “homework” required her to go into the free weight area alone and train on her solo gym days. Slowly, Lynnette R. was becoming more comfortable in the gym.

“Pick a goal that is personal to you and throw yourself into achieving it.”

Lynnette R.

LAF Member

“I wasn’t fighting to just lose fat; I was fighting to gain a future.”

Lynnette R.

LAF Member

Her trainer, Riley, continued to be encouraging as Lynnette persisted onward, moving past each hurdle and facing her fears. During this transitional period of her life, she began dating again – something that would have been too hard for her to do only 4 months prior. Lynette also started to follow some new basic diet guidelines. Since changing her diet and exercise routine she has lost several inches, and is down 2 dress sizes and 17 lbs.! Lynnette shared with us that, “People notice all the changes. What they don’t know is the confidence I’ve received from Riley and that these workouts have allowed me to move past my fears. I now have a real chance at being able to spend the rest of my life with someone that I love.”

What Lynnette wants others to know:

“My plan in joining LA Fitness was to lose weight and lose some of my fear. I never expected that this would take me as far as it’s taken me. Riley isn’t just a paid trainer. He found a way to build a trust that allowed me to confide in him about this secret hope. Somehow, Riley helped me get past my fears, just by lifting weight and walking on a treadmill. I’m very excited about my future and the changes that are yet to come as I work very hard at the gym and keep my heart open.”

A Message from Riley 

“Since the first session with Lynnette, I had high expectations considering her work ethic and passion to become fit and healthy. She’s excelled in every challenge I’ve given her with a smile on her face. I’m very proud of the way Lynnette has taken on a “no excuses” attitude, claiming that the gym is akin to her second job. During every session with Lynnette there is a point where I always think she will need a spot or she will fail during a set but whenever she reaches that threshold she always amazes me by pushing through and getting another few reps in. I can tell how important this journey is for her and it only makes me work harder in order to witness more goals actualized.” – Riley S., LAF Pro Results® Trainer

Where is she now?

When Lynnette first started at LA Fitness she would attend the gym 3 times a week. She is now up to 5 days a week. She continues to train with Riley on two of those days. Once a week, a small group of Riley’s personal training clients meet for a one-hour full-body workout. Lynnette shared that, “It has been great for getting to know other people and pushing each other to work harder.”

Consult your physician before starting a new fitness regimen. Pro Results® Personal Training requires a separate agreement and is subject to an additional fee.

Recommended Reading

LA Fitness will be open for parts of the Holiday Season! Modified clubs hours are below!Holiday Hours (U.S.) Friday, December 24th: 8AM - Noon Saturday, December 25th: Closed Friday, December 31st: 8AM - 6PM Saturday, January 1st: 8AM - 6PM   Holiday Hours...

LA Fitness will be open on Easter Sunday, April 4th 2021! Modified clubs hours are below!Easter Sunday Hours Sunday, April 4th (U.S. & Canada) Club Hours: 8AM - 4PM Regular hours will resume on Monday, except in Canada (Alberta clubs be open from 8AM to 10PM,...

ASK A TRAINER: Ep. 6 – What Can I Do to Tone My Chest Better?

ASK A TRAINER: Ep. 6 – What Can I Do to Tone My Chest Better?

LA Fitness Pro Results® Master Trainer, Geoff F., shares some ways to help tone the chest area. What’s his advice? Push-ups. Push-ups and more push-ups! Check it out below.

Do you have a fitness question? Ask one of our certified Pro Results® trainers here! Your question may be featured in an upcoming Ask Our Trainer video.**

5 + 11 =

**Selected submissions will be featured on the LA Fitness blog and possibly other LA Fitness digital media entities & websites. By making a submission, you hereby grant LA Fitness a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable license to use and make copies of the contents of such submission for any purpose and in any medium whatsoever, and you hereby waive and relinquish any copyright or other intellectual property right you may have in the contents of such submission and your right to pursue any claim for LA Fitness’s violation of those intellectual property rights.

Commit to Fit | Member Spotlights

Commit to Fit | Member Spotlights

commit to fit logo, LA Fitness, member fitness goals

Do you have a fitness goal? Let us know here! To learn more about Commit to fit, click here.

Goals, Commitments, Community

These are our most recent members who have committed to their fitness goals.

Jessica P.

Jessica P. is getting married in April! She plans on working out, in addition to Pilates. Congratulations Jessica P.!

Dominic E.

Dominic E. wants to lose weight and eventually run a marathon – you can do it! Keep at it and never give up!

Kray T.

Kray T. uses fitness as a way to live a healthy lifestyle, stay fit, and help with anti-aging. Lookin’ good, Kray!

Meghan D.

Meghan D. plans on staying fit during her pregnancy, way to go fit mama!

Ryan H.

Ryan H.’s goal is to maintain – which is sometimes just as hard as losing weight in the first place! Keep it up!

Recommended Reading

ASK A TRAINER: Ep. 5 – What’s the Best Way for Toning the Tummy Area?

ASK A TRAINER: Ep. 5 – What’s the Best Way for Toning the Tummy Area?

LA Fitness Pro Results® Master Trainer, Geoff F., explains some helpful ways to tone the tummy area. Hint: Steer clear of crunches! Find out what really works for toning the core by watching the video below.

2 + 14 =

SUBSCRIBE TO

LIVING HEALTHY

Be the first to know about exclusive

content, deals and promotions

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest