I just started participating in no-meat-Mondays. What are some well-balanced vegetarian based meals I can eat (breakfast, lunch, dinner)?
What a fun step toward a healthy-for-you and better-for-the-planet diet!
Here is a month’s worth of options for your Meatless Mondays:
- Whole wheat pancakes with nut butter and banana. Pea milk.
- Avocado toast with cucumber and basil. Pineapple. Soy milk.
- Bean burrito with salsa. Orange. Almond milk.
- Tofu scramble with spinach, mushroom and red pepper. Peach. Coconut milk.
- Oatmeal, nut and dried fruit porridge. Rice milk.
- Pasta salad with peas, pine nuts, and tomato. Apple.
- Wild rice soup with mushrooms and carrot. Roasted chickpeas. Plum.
- No-meat bean chili with cornbread muffin. Melon.
- Tofu coconut curry with cabbage, carrot, and peppers. Kiwi.
- Gnocchi with pesto. Spinach salad w/ sliced almonds and berries.
- Twice baked potatoes with vegan cheese. Broccoli.
- Black bean fajitas with onion and bell pepper. Whole wheat tortilla.
- Hoisin tofu lettuce wraps with carrot and green onion. Ramen noodles.
- Roasted vegetable thin crust pizza with vegan cheese.
- Butternut squash and apple bake (or puree for soup). Pumpkin seeds. Kale chips.
Choices inspired by PETA vegan recipes.
– Debbie J., MS, RD
This article should not replace any exercise program or restrictions, any dietary supplements or restrictions, or any other medical recommendations from your primary care physician. Before starting any exercise program or diet, make sure it is approved by your doctor.
Some questions have been edited for length and/or clarity.