My question is about breakfast for vegans. I’m avoiding carbs, grains, gluten. I don’t eat bread, pasta, grains. What would you recommend for breakfast?
– Siposs V.
Think outside the breakfast box when it comes to morning meals with selective ingredients! You can adapt traditional breakfast foods by substituting for the grains or transform meals otherwise considered for lunch/dinner.
Some tasty options for a vegan grain-free breakfast include:
- coconut milk and chia seed pudding
- fruit and soy yogurt smoothie
- potato and spinach hashbrown patties
- sweet potato bowl with pomegranate arils and pecans
- nut date coconut bar
- avocado and black bean salad with grilled tomatoes
– Debbie J., MS, RD
This article should not replace any exercise program or restrictions, any dietary supplements or restrictions, or any other medical recommendations from your primary care physician. Before starting any exercise program or diet, make sure it is approved by your doctor.
Some questions have been edited for length and/or clarity.