What are the recommended daily allowances for the areas below? For reference, I’m an LA Fitness member, a female aged 50, 135 lbs., and 5’6”.
– Loretta H.
If I were to create a profile with your age, height, weight, and gender in a decent diet analysis program, it would compare your food record to the following US RDAs [or alternative value] for women age 31-50 years, given in amounts per day:
- Carbohydrate – 130 grams
- Protein – 49 grams (8 g/kg body weight)
- Fat – not determined [20-35% calories from fat is acceptable macronutrient distribution range]
- Calcium – 1,000 mg
- Sodium – 1,300 mg [Adequate intake for women 50-70 years]
- Fiber – 25 grams [Adequate Intake]
- Sugar – not determined [2015 US Dietary Guidelines limit added sugars to less than 10% calories]
– Debbie J., MS, RD
This article should not replace any exercise program or restrictions, any dietary supplements or restrictions, or any other medical recommendations from your primary care physician. Before starting any exercise program or diet, make sure it is approved by your doctor.
Some questions have been edited for length and/or clarity.