I am tired of my extra fat; can you suggest any fat burner supplements that have no side effects? – Muhammad
I am unabashedly a proponent of healthy diets and lifestyles without using energy burners or thermogenic shots. So I won’t name a particular brand. But for clients that insist on such “supplements,” I advise taking only the minimal dosage of a safe product of their choice with the following guidelines:
- No ephedra/ephedrine, epitonin, ma haung, or Chinese ephedra (banned)
- No more than 3 of following stimulants combined: Caffeine, Guarana (up to 100 mg), Kola Nut, Theophylline, Synepherine
- No more than 3000 mg/3 gms Taurine
- Directions indicate full daily recommended servings total not more than 20 gm L-Arginine/Arginine alpha-Ketoglutarate or 600 mg Caffeine PER DAY
- No more than the Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) for any vitamin or mineral, as established by the Food and Nutrition Board of the National Academy of Sciences.
– Debbie M., MS, RD
Do you have a question about your diet or nutrition? Ask our dietitian by submitting your question to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply ask it in the COMMENTS section below.