OFFICIAL RULES LA FITNESS® SOCIAL MEDIA CONTEST RULES for Hockey Memorabilia Giveaway
THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD. THIS CONTEST WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of any one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Fitness International, LLC (“Sponsor”), and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, insurance agencies, judging and agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”) and the immediate family members of each and those living in the same households of each such employee, contractor, director or officer.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at or about 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on May 3, 2013 and ends at 8:59:59 a.m. PT on May 15, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). Only Contest entries received by 8:59:59 a.m. PT on May 15, 2013 will be eligible for the Contest
3. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
Eligible Contest participants can enter by subscribing to our LA Fitness Blog. Participants that are currently blog subscribers are automatically entered into the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible Contest Participants during the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZE: Three (3) prize winners will be selected on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 on or about 9:00:00 a.m. PT. The prize winner will be selected by random drawing from the eligible Contest participants at that time.
The prize winners will either:
- One (1) regulation size hockey stick autographed by Dino Ciccarelli and one (1) autographed puck. OR
- One (1) mini composite hockey stick signed by Dino Ciccarelli and one (1) autographed hockey puck.
APPROXIMATE VALUE OF THE PRIZE: $100
Each prize winner is solely responsible for all other expenses and applicable Federal, State and local taxes except as mentioned herein. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, and international tariffs, and any other expenses relating to use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
The prize is non-transferable. No prize or cash substitutions are permitted. A Statement of Eligibility and Release of Liability Form must be completed by each winner. Failure to comply with these conditions will result in forfeiture of the prize, which may or may not be re-awarded to alternate winner at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Except where prohibited by law, by entering (with the exception of participants that were subscribed to our Blog) prior to the Promotion Period), the winner consents to the use of his or her name, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration with the understanding that it will be relied upon by Fitness International, LLC in connection with the Contest.
Fitness International, LLC, its subsidiaries, owners, members, agents, franchisees, licensees, agencies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, assigns, successors, managers and operators of the Contest, providers of the facilities used for the Contest, advertising and/or promotional agencies or any other sponsors or promoters (the “concerned parties”), assume no liability or responsibilities, financial or otherwise, of any damage, loss or injury resulting from or arising out of participation in the Contest and/or the acceptance and use of the Prize. The concerned parties reserve the right at any time to cancel this Contest, make rules and Contest changes and/or substitute another prize of equal of greater value for any reason or in the event that the prize becomes unavailable.
6. DECISION OF THE SPONSOR: All decisions of Sponsor regarding winner selections and this Contest are final. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time for any reason without notice.
7. By entering, Contest participants agree to and acknowledge compliance with these official rules, including all eligibility requirements and agree to release Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors or assigns (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential, arising out of or relating to entrants’ participation in this Contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities. Releasees are not responsible for: (i) entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, cellular equipment towers, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer, wireless phone/handset and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest or (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules. Sponsor is further not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest.
All decisions of Sponsor regarding winner selections and this Contest are final. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representatives. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified.
8. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PERSON AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM HIM/HER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “LA FITNESS® Social Media 2013 Contest”, Social Media Department, 3161 Michelson Drive, Suite 600, Irvine, California 92612 until August 28, 2013.
© 2013 Fitness International, LLC. All rights reserved.