OFFICIAL RULES LA FITNESS® “NIKE BASKETBALL 3ON3” COMMENT SWEEPSTAKES 2012
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD. THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. BY BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of any one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible: employees, contractors, directors and officers of Fitness International, LLC (“Sponsor”), and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, insurance agencies, judging and agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”) and the immediate family members of each and those living in the same households of each such employee, contractor, director or officer
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD:Sweepstakes begins at or about 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on June 21st, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT on July 10th, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). Only entries received by 11:59:59 PM PT on July 10th, 2012 will be eligible for the sweepstakes.
3. TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY.
Access the LA Fitness blog entry about the Nike Basketball 3on3 Tournament at http://blog.lafitness.com/2012/06/19/having-fun-is-a-slam-dunkvip-passes-anyone and leave a comment (“Comment”). You must use a valid registered WordPress, Twitter, or Facebook account or otherwise provide a valid email address when you post your Comment. Entry in the sweepstakes will serve as an agreement that any entrant’s and/or winner’s name and likeness may be used for Sponsor’s marketing purposes.
Sponsor is not responsible for late, illegible, incomplete, altered, mutilated, lost or misdirected Comments, for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information (including but not limited to missing or invalid email addresses), whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the sweepstakes, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind and such entries will be void. In addition, Sponsor is not responsible for human, printing or other errors, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, inability to access any website or online service, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in downloading any materials in this sweepstakes, or any other technical or other error or malfunction or any kind. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
All Comments become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. They may be used for marketing or other purposes by the Sponsor.
Each Comment must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by judges in their sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, and the right to submit or use it shall not be restricted. Any entrant whose Comment includes references to third parties or contains elements not owned by entrant (such as, but not limited to third party trademarks) may be disqualified. Entries not complying in any way with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. No correspondence regarding entries will be entered into with entrants.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible Comments received during the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZE: Three winners will be selected on or about July 11th, 2012, by random drawing from all eligible Comments received during the Promotion Period.
Each winner will receive two (2) VIP tickets to the Nike Basketball 3on3 Tournament to be held on August 4th, 2012 at LIVE in downtown Los Angeles
APPROXIMATE VALUE OF THE PRIZE: Less than $100
Prize winners are solely responsible for all other expenses and applicable Federal, State and local taxes except as mentioned herein. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes, and international tariffs, and any travel, hotel accommodations or other expenses relating to use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
The prize is non-transferable. No prize or cash substitutions are permitted.A Statement of Eligibility and Release of Liability Form must be completed by each winner. Failure to comply with these conditions will result in forfeiture of the prize, which may or may not be re-awarded to alternate winner at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Except where prohibited by law, by entering, each winner consents to the use of his or her name, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration with the understanding that it will be relied upon by Fitness International, LLC and any other sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes.Fitness International, LLC reserves the right to use any or the finalists’ name, voice, photograph, and/or likeness for rebroadcast and/or promotional and publicity purposes at any time without advance permission or knowledge required or any additional compensation in any format and in any media including, but not limited to, any LA FITNESS® Club, website or promotional materials.
Fitness International, LLC and any other sponsor, their parent companies, their subsidiaries, owners, stockholders, agents, franchisees, licensees, agencies, affiliates, officers, directors, employees, assigns, successors, managers and operators of the Sweepstakes, providers of the facilities used for the Sweepstakes, advertising and/or promotional agencies or any other sponsors or promoters (the “concerned parties”), assume no liability or responsibilities, financial or otherwise, of any damage, loss or injury resulting from or arising out of participation in the sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and use of the Prize. The concerned parties reserve the right at any time to cancel this Sweepstakes, make rules and sweepstakes changes and/or substitute another prize of equal of greater value for any reason or in the event that the prize becomes unavailable.
6. DECISION OF THE SPONSOR: All decisions of Sponsor regarding winner selections and this sweepstakes are final. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time for any reason without notice.
7. By entering, entrants agree to and acknowledge compliance with these official rules, including all eligibility requirements and agree to release Sponsor,its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors or assigns (collectively “Releases”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential, arising out of or relating to entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities. Releasees are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions/entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, cellular equipment towers, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer, wireless phone/handset and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules. Sponsor is further not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any Web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect, Comments received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation.
All decisions of Sponsor regarding winner selections and this Sweepstakes are final. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s representatives. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited.
8. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PERSON AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM HIM/HER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNERS’ LIST: For the name of the winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “LA FITNESS® Nike Basketball 3on3 Tournament 2012 Sweepstakes”, c/o Social Media, Fitness International, LLC, 3161 Michelson Drive, Suite 600, Irvine, CA 92612 from July 11thuntil July 24th, 2012.
12. SPONSOR. Sweepstakes sponsored by Fitness International, LLC, 3161 Michelson Drive, Suite 600, Irvine, CA 92612.
© 2012 Fitness International, LLC. All rights reserved.