Clay Valstad, 64, underwent surgery in October of 2011 to have a partial knee replacement procedure performed; leaving a scar over six inches long, severe swelling and a weakened leg, which attests to the severity of the operation. Remarkably, he and his doctor are certain, that in February of 2012, Clay will be able to join his wife and friends on their annual ski trip—this year’s destination is Lake Tahoe, California—where Clay plans to head straight for the black diamond mogul runs, not the bunny hills. But, to accomplish this, Clay has to stick to a rigid plan of rehab and strength conditioning. The injury has caused many of his muscles to weaken and become underdeveloped, meanwhile other muscles have become overworked due to compensating for the injured and now recovering knee.
Find an article
- What diet should I follow, and should I be eliminating certain foods altogether?
- What can I eat for lunch that is filling, but will also help me lose weight?
- Are You Ready for a Sleeveless Summer? Define your Triceps with These 4 Exercises
- How ‘Extreme Traveling’ Helped Harry Lose 23 Pounds
- I go to the gym regularly, so should I be drinking protein shakes? Are they harmful?
- How can I lose these stubborn last 5 pounds?
- The 6 Weeks to Summer Slim-Down Workout – Look Better in Your Bathing Suit!
- Mother’s Day Hours at LA Fitness Clubs and Kids Klubs
- How many calories should I be consuming to lose the maximum amount of weight AND build muscle without feeling tired and worn out?
- I am tired of my extra fat; can you suggest any fat burner supplements that have no side effects?
Contribute!Want to be featured on our blog? email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Consuming colorful fruit and veggies w/regular #exercise @LAFitness helps prevent vision impairments. #eyehealth. 5 hours ago
- "What diet should I follow, and should I be eliminating certain foods altogether?" Read more... wp.me/plvU-10h 7 hours ago
- “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.”- Leo Tolstoy #quote #ThoughtThursday 13 hours ago