The Penny Picker, A Super Simple and Secret Exercise to Define your Legs
If you are looking for an exercise that tightens, tones and strengthens your legs, all while increasing your body’s ability to perform functional movements, then Penny Pickers are perfect for you. This exercise doesn’t require weights in order to leave your legs feeling worked and fatigued, and since it mimics the proper way to pick something up off the ground it is the ultimate functional movement. You will work your thighs (quads and hamstring muscles), as well as your calves and butt (glute muscles).
Here are the steps and some helpful tips to properly perform Penny Pickers.
- From a standing position take a small step forward; the same as you would if you were casually walking along.
- Before taking another step, bend at the knees while reaching down as if you were going to pick up a penny off of the ground.
- Be sure to use a slow and controlled movement.
- After you touch the ground, stand back up, step forward with the other foot and repeat.
- Tip: Make sure you do not bend at the waist.
- Tip: Make sure to keep your shoulders upright while maintaining good posture
- Tip: Make sure you reach to the side of your forward foot.
- Tip: Do not sit or rest your bum (glutes) on your back foot.
- Tip: Actually place pennies on the ground to truly mimic and practice this functional movement.
How many penny pickers should you do?
– Do as many as you can until they become difficult and you feel your legs fatigue. Then rest for 60 to 90 seconds and do them again for 3 to 5 sets.
Plus…When you see a penny, pick it up! Then all day you will have good luck. :)
Then CLICK HERE to learn how you can instantly receive each article as soon as they are published so you don’t miss a thing!
Posted on January 3, 2013, in Cardio, exercise, fitness, fitness club, Fun, Fun Stuff, Health, Helpful, LA Fitness, LA Fitness Blog - Living Healthy, LA Fitness Blog - Top Tips, la fitness reviews, LA Fitness Reviews - About, Motivation, Motivational Tips, Simple, Strength, Top Tips, Weight Loss and tagged blog, blog la fitness, butt exercises, butt work outs, conditioning, exercise, exercises, fitness, fitness club, goals, gym, Health, how can i make my butt smaller, how to do a penny picker, how to get great legs, how to lose butt fat, how to lose leg fat, how to make butt bigger, how to tone butt, how to tone legs, how to work out, how to workout my butt, LA Fitness, LA Fitness articles, la fitness blog, la fitness comments, LA Fitness news, la fitness review, la fitness reviews, lafitness.com, lafitnessblog, leg exercises, leg workouts, Living Healthy, Lose Weight, lose weight fast, motivation, penny picker exercise, penny pickers, personal trainer, Personal Training, Real Stories, tips, tone butt, top tips, weight loss, what is a penny picker, what is a penny picker exercise, work out, workout. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.