5 Unhealthy Habits and 5 Solutions
If you are stressed-out, rushing around, eating poorly and neglecting your exercise or workout routine, first I would like to say “welcome to the club,” then checkout these 5 tips to avoid unhealthy habits.
5. Skipping Meals – You’re busy and you need to make time–not breakfast: Bad idea!
– Solution: Missing meals can increase that lethargic, worn-out feeling and inhibit your ability to complete all of your daily tasks—let alone add in a work out. Eat at least four times per day to keep your energy level at a nice even keel, and keep some granola bars and snacks stashed in your car, desk, purse, etc. . Keeping yourself “fueled-up” with healthy meals and snacks ensures peak performance output from both your body and mind.
4. Lack of Sleep – Time is not on your side; your mind is reeling and it’s difficult to fall asleep.
-Solution: Limit your caffeine intake and avoid it all together in the evening. Give yourself 30 minutes to wind-down and relax with a book or some herbal tea each night. You will thank yourself in the morning.
3. Enablers – They are everywhere and ready to suck you into their excuse-fest that allows them and their cronies to eat, drink, be merry…and gain weight.
-Solution: Don’t give-in to peer-pressure. In fact, be a leader and help those around you by encouraging healthy habits. Create a common goal or competition to see who can keep-off or lose the most weight.
2. Neglecting Exercise– Life is stressful enough; don’t leave-out one of the best stress reducers available.
-Solution: Time for high intensity workouts that you can blast-out in 20 or 30 minutes. There are several group classes that leave you feeling great about your workout, while using up only minutes of your day. Don’t be afraid to approach a fitness professional who can assist you with creating a calorie burning super-circuit program. I know that they look busy at times, but trainers love helping people with their fitness goals!
1. Overeating– Let’s face it, you, me and the rest of the country face bountiful amounts of rich pastries, meats, cheeses and libations which all lead to inevitable temptations at parties, events and most of all when we go visit…”Mom.”
-Solution: Portion control, portion control…and did I mention portion control?! Have fun, enjoy the festivities, but be aware of the overwhelming amount of food and drink that confronts you when you leave your house to dine and drink. Remember that sweet drinks and cocktails with mixers, like margaritas, are incredibly high in calories—as many as 600 calories per drink!
There are many challenges that we face every day, and when you have a busy schedule it is important to remember how to stay healthy and energetic! Share with us your favorite healthy tips in the Comments section!
Posted on February 16, 2012, in Easy, exercise, funny fitness, LA Fitness Blog - Living Healthy, LA Fitness Blog - Top Tips, la fitness reviews, Motivation, Simple, Top Tips and tagged 5, blog, blog la fitness, exercise, fitness, goals, LA Fitness, la fitness blog, la fitness comments, la fitness review, la fitness reviews, lafitness.com, tips, weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. 100 Comments.